Monday, January 12, 2009

Catching Up

Okay so I guess it has been quite a while since I posted. I think we have been on the go since my last post. After the football game, we spent another weekend in New York where we attended a good friends 50Th birthday. I know, I am way too young to have 50 year old friends, but he is awesome! Then we went to DC and sat on a panel to talk more about issues the wounded soldiers face. We were home for a few days and then we headed to Atlanta for Thanksgiving with my sister. The next week I had to go TDY for work. I got home late Friday night and first thing the next Saturday we hopped right back on a plane and headed to Disney courtesy of the Coalition to Salute America's Hero's. It was a blast. Burn families rock. It was good fun to take Chris to the stunt show where they set a guy on fire and listen to him critique how, " that's not what really happens". The guy seemed to walk away fine. Maybe we should ask the Disney costume department to work on some new uniforms for the military. It is always fun to hang out with other wounded families far away from the hustle and bustle of BAMC! So we were home for about a week in which I had just enough time to decorate my house, get a tree, and do all my Christmas shopping. Was I off from work that week you ask? Oh no! I am superwoman, you forget. (and slightly delusional) Oh, and did I also mention I still have to do my Christmas cards. Is there anything in Emily Post about Christmas card etiquette and timing? I'll need to look that up. So if your feelings were hurt that you didn't get my card this year, keep checking the mail. It's never too late! (Well, unless Emily tells me it is.) Then maybe I'll send out two next year. Anyway,Christmas was, well hectic. I had this great idea that we could fly to my sister's house on Christmas day. I had visions of having a nice Christmas at our house, then getting on the plane and still being able to spend it with family as well later. DUMB idea. We had to fly through opening our presents so we could get on the plane. I don't even remember what Riley got and he didn't get to play with any of it. Then we spent most of our day on a plane, in a train, and in a cab! Please, someone, never let me do that again. We spent a few days in GA and then drove up to the mountains of NC to a really neat ski resort in Mars Hill. We rented a beautiful cabin and my mom and dad, sister and her family, and Chris, Riley and I all spent the entire week after Christmas there. Although I was a little disappointed that it hadn't really snowed there, they had snow making machines and they coated the mountain each night with a fresh coat of "fake" snow as Riley put it. The kids had a blast. They went skiing, tubing, sledding, made snow angels, and had a snowball fight. It was a very nice place to spend the holidays. So, now we are home and trying to remember what life is like in our own home. I think the dogs are starting to recognize us again. I am so glad to be home for awhile. Has anyone made plans for spring break yet???

No comments: